Green Quinoa Salad with Peas and Avocado
Healthy & filling salad made with Quinoa, peas and avocado.
- 1 cup quinoa (, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup peas (,fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 avocado (, finely diced)
- 4 green onions (, thinly sliced)
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (Fresh , chopped)
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (, chopped)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 + 1 tbsp tsps Lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic (, finely minced)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coriander (Ground)
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- Bring quinoa and 1¾cups of water to boil. Lower the flame and cook quinoa until tender and small 'tails' appear. Let cool.
- Whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup, garlic and coriander in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, peas, avocado, green onions, parsley and cilantro. Serve in lettuce cups or as is.