Grilled Veggie Wrap
To make this recipe even quicker, visit your local deli and pick up some pre-grilled veggies!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- zucchini (medium, sliced lengthwise into 8 slices)
- yellow Squash (medium, sliced lengthwise into 8 slices)
- red bell pepper (sliced into 4 slices)
- whole wheat tortillas (large, low carb, about 10 inch diameter)
- ½ cup hummus
- 8 8 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill. Advertisement In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and ground black pepper. Add sliced zucchini, squash and bell pepper to marinade and let sit for 5 minutes. Grill the vegetables about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Lay out the tortilla and spread with 2 Tbsp. hummus, then add two fresh basil leaves and top with 2 slices of zucchini, 2 slices of yellow squash and 1 slice bell pepper. Fold in the two sides of the tortilla and roll like a burrito. You can serve these immediately or wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate.
View the recipe instructions at www.diabetesfoodhub.org