Ham and Asparagus Pasta
You Totally Got This
The ultimate quick and easy dinner. Ham and Asparagus Pasta. It's seriously easy, amazingly tasty AND an awesome way to use up leftovers. Get the simple 15 minute recipe here...
- 200 g penne pasta ( regular or gluten free depending on dietary requirements.)
- 160 g ham
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tbs olive oil ((divided))
- 2 tbs shaved Parmesan
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions.
- While, the pasta is cooking chop the ham into thin strips, chop asparagus into 5cm pieces (discarding the woody ends), rinse the spinach and remove ½ cup of peas from the freezer.
- When the pasta has 2 minutes left to cook, add the asparagus to the water. Once, the pasta has cooked and the asparagus is bright green, use a colander to drain the water, then transfer the pasta and asparagus from the colander back into the saucepan.
- Return the saucepan to the stove over medium heat and stir through the ham, spinach, peas and olive oil. Gently stir for 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted and the peas are bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls and top with shaved Parmesan.