Healthy Carrot Cake
You Totally Got This
Looking for a healthy snack that still tastes delicious? This easy 30 minute healthy carrot cake recipe is AMAZING! Get the recipe here.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 large carrot
- 2 eggs
- 60ml l olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or vanilla powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- butter or coconut oil for greasing depending on your dietary requirements
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and grease a mini loaf tin with coconut oil or butter. Grease the bottom of the tin really well to prevent them from sticking.
- Finely chop the walnuts and grate the carrot, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, walnuts and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Next, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients then add the carrot, eggs, rice malt syrup, olive oil and vanilla and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture into the prepared mini loaf tin, filling each hole about three quarters of the way, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool before turning out your mini loafs onto a cooling rack.
- Serve with coconut or regular yoghurt with extra chopped walnuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.