Healthy Low FODMAP Cheesecake With Lemon
A healthy low FODMAP cheesecake with lemon and kiwifruit. Super fresh and only 200 calories for a large piece. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
- 75 g low fodmap cookies (i used schär digestives)
- 30 g coconut oil
- 500 g Quark (lactose-free, or thick low-fat yoghurt)
- ½ lemon (zest of)
- ½ lemon (juice of)
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 3 gelatine sheets
- 2 kiwifruits (or another low fodmap fruit, for the topping)
- cake tin (18 cm, 7 inches)
- Put the cookies into a food processor and pulse until you have a fine crumb mixture.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan or in the microwave. Put the cookies into a bowl, add 1 tbsp water and the melted coconut oil. Mix until you have a sticky mixture.
- Cover the cake tin with baking parchment. Divide the cookie mixture over the bottom and smoothen with the back of a spoon. Put the bottom in the fridge, while you continue with the rest of the recipe.
- Put the quark or yoghurt into a bowl. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla sugar. Stir together.
- Take a bowl with cold water and put the gelatine sheets into the water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Put 5 tbsp water into a small pan. Squeeze the gelatine sheets and put them into the pan. Heat the gelatine sheets on low heat until they have dissolved. Take off the heat.
- Leave the gelatine to cool down a little and then stir it through the quark/yoghurt mixture.
- Divide the mixture over the bottom of the cake tin. Smoothen the top with a spatula.
- Put the cheesecake for 3-4 hours into the fridge to set or leave it overnight. Garnish with low FODMAP fruit of your choice. I used slices of kiwifruit.
View the recipe instructions at www.karlijnskitchen.com