Homemade Almond Milk
Homemade Almond Milk in just 5 minutes! This is a delicious Vegan & Gluten-Free plant-based milk and a great dairy-free alternative.
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups water
- small pinch of salt
- 1 tsp agave nectar or 2 dates for sweetness (skip to keep sugar-free)
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- Soak almonds (skin on) covered in water, overnight.
- In the morning, drain and wash. We recommend peeling the almonds, if you’ll be saving the pulp for reuse. To peel the skin off, pour over a cup of boiling water, cover with a dish and let sit for 5 minutes. After that drain the water and just pop the almonds out of the skin.
- Place soaked (and skinned) almonds in high-speed blender. Add 4 cups of water. Optionally add in a pinch of salt and a quick drizzle of agave syrup or a couple of dates for sweetness. Skip sweetener to keep the almond milk sugar-free.
- Blend on high for about a minute, until everything is well blended. The milk will look foamy.
- Take a cheesecloth, or a clean thin dishtowel, place over a tall bowl and pour in your almond milk. Take the sides up and proceed to tighten the cloth to squeeze the milk out as best you can.
- Pour your almond milk in an air-tight bottle and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Your milk will separate in a while, but there is nothing wrong with this. Just shake the bottle well before pouring yourself a glass of milk.