Homemade Coffee Ice Cream
This Homemade Coffee Ice Cream is made just like old-fashioned ice cream! It starts with a custard that is blended with heavy cream and churned in an ice cream maker for a sensationally smooth and creamy dessert. Once you’ve made this homemade churned ice cream, you will come back to it time and time again. This recipe will satisfy your sweet coffee cravings any time you have them!
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- 6 egg yolks
- 2¼ cups heavy cream
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan combine the milk, sugar, salt, and coffee granules. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until steaming. Reduce the heat to low.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks in a small bowl. Slowly pour half the hot milk into the eggs while whisking continuously. Return the mixture to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve set over a medium bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap, allowing it to touch the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to make the ice cream, whisk the cream and vanilla into the custard until smooth. Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer\'s instructions.
- Enjoy right away or transfer to a freezer-safe container. The ice cream will keep for up to 2 weeks.
View the recipe instructions at www.bakedbyanintrovert.com