Homemade Fresh Grapefruit or Pomegranate ‘Jello’
The View From the Great Island
Homemade Fresh Grapefruit or Pomegranate 'Jello' ~ these very low sugar healthy fresh fruit 'jello' recipes are fun for kids of all ages!
- grapefruit jello
- juice of 2 large grapefruits ( 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin (1/2 oz)
- 1 heaping Tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup water
- pomegranate jello
- 1½ cups pomegranate juice (I used Pom)
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- For the grapefruit jello ~ sprinkle the gelatin over 1 cup of the grapefruit juice, m.ix and let sit to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the water and sugar together, stirring to dissolve the sugar, until the water comes to a simmer.
- Pour the hot liquid over the juice and gelatin, and add the remaining 1/2 cup juice.
- Pour into individual serving cups or into one glass pan.
- Refrigerate until completely firm, several hours.
- When firm, you can cut the jello into cubes.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat; the gelatin will eventually turn back to liquid at room temperature.
- For the pomegranate jello ~ dissolve the gelatin in the water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the juice and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the hot juice over the gelatin and mix well. Add the lemon juice if using. Taste and adjust the sugar if necessary.
- Pour into individual serving dishes or into one large pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least several hours.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat; the gelatin will eventually turn back to a liquid at room temperature.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island