Homemade Gingerbread Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
Homemade Gingerbread Ice Cream ~ my latest ice cream obsession is bursting with the warm spicy flavor of the best gingerbread!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 0.66666666666667 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp allspice
- 0.25 tsp ground cloves
- 0.25 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp molasses
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Stir long enough so that the sugar is dissolved and the molasses has been completely incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to your machine's directions. For me the ice cream takes about 25 minutes.
- Turn the soft ice cream into a container, cover with plastic wrap, and put in the freezer to firm up, this will take a minimum of 4-6 hours, or overnight.