Homemade Herbal Coffee
Homemade Herbal Coffee is an easy at home coffee substitute with all the deep and rich flavors of coffee but is caffeine-free.
- 2 tbsp pau d'arco
- 4 teaspoons roasted dandelion root
- 3 teaspoons roasted chicory
- 2 teaspoons roasted cacao nibs ((see recipe below))
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups boiling water
- ½ cup cacao nibs, (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the finely chopped cacao nibs out on a small baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven. Once cooled, store in a jar for future herbal coffee making.
- Add all of the herbal coffee ingredients into a French Press. Cover with 3 cups of boiling water and let brew for 7 minutes. Press down the filter, and pour into two glasses. Serve with desired accompaniments.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds