Palmier (palm tree in French) or elephant ear is a heart shaped French pastry made in heart shape or palm shape. They are very easy to make and are very very addictive.
- 1 pastry Sheets (Puff - defrosted (left at room temperature for 30 minutes or left in the fridge overnight))
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can black beans (Ground)
- a pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the sugar, salt and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour ½cup of the mixture on a big plate or wooden board. Unfold the puff pastry sheet onto the sugar and pour another ¼cup of the sugar mixture on top, spreading it evenly on the puff pastry. Make sure to evenly cover the pastry with sugar.
- Roll the dough until its about 13"x13" square and the sugar is pressed into the puff pastry on top and bottom.
- Fold the sides of the square towards the center so they go halfway to the middle of the dough, Then fold 1 half over the other half as though closing a book. There will be 6 layers.
- Slice the dough into ⅜" slices and place the slices, cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Bake the palmiers for 6~7 minutes or until caramelized and brown on the bottom. Then turn them over with a spatula and bake for another 3~5 minutes, until caramelized on the other side. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.