Honeysuckle Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
Honeysuckle ice Cream is a
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups honeysuckle blossoms (this is approximate)
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Put the cream, milk and sugar into a medium saucepan and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the honeysuckle blossoms into the pan and and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture come to room temperature. Then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, strain the blossoms out and add the vanilla bean seeds. Mix well to break apart any clumped seeds.
- Process the cold mixture in your ice cream machine according to its directions.
- Put the soft ice cream in the freezer to firm up before serving.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island