Honeysuckle Vodka Lemonade
The View From the Great Island
Honeysuckle Vodka Lemonade ~ this uniquely refreshing cocktail is make with homemade honeysuckle infused vodka and fresh squeezed lemonade!
- honeysuckle vodka
- 2 cups honeysuckle or honeysuckle and jasmine blossoms
- 750 ml bottle of vodka
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups filtered water
- juice of lemons
- To make the infused vodka ~ pluck the blossoms from their stems, and discard any leaves or other green parts.
- Swish the flowers gently in cold water, then lay out to dry on a clean kitchen towel.
- Put the flowers in a large wide mouthed mason jar, or other equivalent container.
- Fill the container with vodka. Make sure the blossoms are completely covered by the liquid. Cap tightly and keep in a cool dark place for 24 hours, or up to 5 days. Give it a shake now and then.
- Strain the vodka through cheesecloth that is at least 4 layers thick. Store in a clean jar, tightly capped. The vodka will keep indefinitely.
- To make the lemonade, stir the sugar into the water until it is completely dissolved. Add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and stir. Taste to adjust the sweetness if you like.
- To make the cocktail, fill a glass with ice. Add one shot of honeysuckle vodka. Fill the glass with lemonade, garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of honeysuckle.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island