Instant Pot Cajun Dirty Rice
My Forking Life
This Easy and Delicious Cajun Dirty Rice is a one pot recipe that can be made quickly in your Instant Pot or any Electric Pressure Cooker. Serve this flavorful rice as a side or main course.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- ? lb chicken livers (finely chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- ? green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce
- 2 cups white rice (rinsed)
- 1 ? cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- ? cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Select Sauté on your Instant Pot. When indicator reads “HOT”, add your pork sausage. Stir until the meat has broken up, then add your chicken livers. Continue cooking and stirring until all the meat has browned.
- Add onion, celery, green bell pepper, minced garlic, Creole seasoning, dried thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Stir and cook until onions and bell peppers have softened a bit, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice, beef broth, and water and stir with wooden spoon, ensuring all brown bits are removed from the bottom. Place bay leaf on top of mixture.
- Press Cancel on the Instant Pot. Cover with lid, ensuring the valve is set to “Sealing.” cook on high pressure for 6 minutes, then allow it to natural release for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure by turning the Valve to “Venting.”
- Once all pressure is released, open and remove bay leaf. Add fresh parsley to rice. Fluff with fork before serving.
View the recipe instructions at My Forking Life