Irish Whiskey Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
There's nothing better than homemade ice cream, unless it's Irish Whiskey Ice Cream ~ this is the ultimate frozen treat, for adults only!
- 1½ cups cold heavy cream
- ½ cup cold milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 packet gelatin (1/4 oz)
- ⅓ cup Irish whiskey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the cream and milk together with the sugar. Stir to completely dissolve the sugar.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup of cold water. Let sit one minute. Then pour 1/4 cup of boiling water over that and stir to completely dissolve the gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin into the cream mixture and stir. Refrigerate the mix until cold, about 2 hours.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and process according to directions.
- When the ice cream is starting to look firm, pour in the whiskey and the vanilla. This will thin out the mixture again. Let the ice cream churn until it is thickened again.
- Spread the soft ice cream in a loaf pan and freeze until firm.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island