Khamiri roti is a Mughlai leavened bread. Khamir means 'yeast' and it is used in this roti to make it thick and spongy.
- 2 cups Wholewheat Flour
- 1 tsp yeast (Instant)
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (Carom /)
- to taste Salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead into a soft, pliable dough adding enough lukewarm water. Cover and set aside for 1½~2hours or until almost doubled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Divide the dough into 10~12 equal portions and roll each portion into 5~6" round circle.
- Place the rotis on a baking sheet and bake for 4~6 minutes until brown spots form on the roti. Flip and bake for another 4 minutes.
- Alternately, cook the rotis on a pan/ tawa until cooked on both sides, then place the roti directly on flame and cook till lightly charred on both sides.
- Brush the rotis with ghee/ butter. Keep the rotis covered until ready to serve. Serve with shahi vegetable & paneer curry or any other gravy curry.