Lime Chiffon Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
Lime Chiffon Ice Cream ~ this ultra tangy and ultra easy homemade lime ice cream recipe has a secret weapon that makes it the creamiest ice cream ever.
makes 6-8 servings
- ½ cup fresh squeezed and strained lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 ounce tub of sour cream
- 1 green food coloring (optional)
- garnish (optional)
- lime zest
- Stir together the lime juice and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add in the sour cream and food coloring, if using. Whisk or stir until everything is well combined and smooth. You can do this in a food processor if you like.
- Process according to your ice cream maker's instructions. Spoon the soft ice cream into a pan, cover, and freeze until firm.
- Serve garnished with lime zest.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island