Low Syn Chicken, Broccoli And Cauliflower Pasta Bake | Slimming World
Delicious Low Syn Chicken, Broccoli and Cauliflower Pasta Bake – perfect combination for a filling family meal.
- 455 g chicken breasts (sliced into bitesize pieces)
- 200 g pasta (uncooked, i used penne)
- 200 g fresh broccoli
- 200 g fresh cauliflower
- 8 lights
- 30 g cheddar (1 hea)
- 50 g mozzarella (1 hea)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Season the chicken breast with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray.
- Add the chicken breast and cook until lightly golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the pasta to a saucepan of hot water, cook to al dente and drain and set aside.
- Add the laughing cow lights to a large jug along with the mustard.
- Pour in the chicken stock and whisk until melted.
- Add the sauce to the frying pan over medium heat, along with the broccoli and cauliflower and simmer for a couple of minutes until the sauce appears creamy (don\'t worry about it not being super thick, as the starch from the pasta will thicken it more as it cooks in the oven)
- Stir in the chicken and pasta and combine well.
- Add to an oven proof dish.
- Top with the cheddar and mozzarella and season with a little black pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and golden. Approx 35-40 mins.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingeats.com