Mahi Mahi Skewers with Jalapeno, Key Lime, and Pineapple
The View From the Great Island
Mahi Mahi Skewers with Jalapeño, Key Lime, and Pineapple are healthy, easy, and so delicious ~ make them in the broiler or on the stove top all year long!
- ½ pound mahi mahi fillet (ask for a thick piece)
- fresh pineapple
- 6 key limes
- 4 small jalapeno peppers
- olive oil ((divided))
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Cut the fish and the pineapple in similar sized chunks, about 1 - 1 1/2 inch square.
- Cut the limes in half.
- Thread the pineapple, Mahi Mahi, 4 of the limes, and the whole jalapenos on long skewers. Season with salt and pepper, and brush with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat until it is quite hot. Grill the skewers until the fish is done through, this will only take a few minutes per side. I like to make sure everything is touching the grill for nice even grill marks. Once you set the skewers down, don't disturb them for a few minutes, Then carefully turn and grill the other side. When the fish flakes, it's done. Throw the remaining limes on the grill at the last minute, cut side down.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island