Matcha Chip Vegan Green Tea Ice Cream
This homemade Matcha Chip Vegan Green Tea Ice Cream is a healthy and dairy free dessert recipe that can be made without any special equipment!
- 3 cups coconut cream
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons liquid sunflower lecithin
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add the coconut cream, honey, lecithin, and matcha to a blender. Blend until well combined. Pour the ice cream into a freezer safe dish and place in the freezer to chill. Stirring every 30 minutes until firm.
- Just before your 3rd stir (right around 1 hour 15 minutes), heat the coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Once melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the honey and cacao powder. Remove the ice cream from the freezer and give it a stir. Pour over 1/3 of the chocolate and gently swirl it through the ice cream. Repeat with the last two additions of the chocolate being careful not to fully stir it in. You want the chocolate to be distinct in the ice cream.
- Return the ice cream to the freezer, and after 30 minutes, stir once more. Once you have reached your desired consistency, transfer the ice cream to a lidded freezer container and store it in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds