Methi Muthiyas -- Gujarati fried dumplings. These are great to serve as a snack or to add to Undhiyu.
- 1 cups Fenugreek (leaves, finely chopped)
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded ((Chickpea flour))
- 2 Wholewheat Flour (bsp)
- 2 tbsps supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (Oil)
- supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded
- 1 tsp chili powder (Red)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ginger (½" piece, finely grated)
- 2 chilies (Green , finely chopped)
- to taste Salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients along with little water and mix well to make a smooth mixture.
- Divide the dough into 10~12 equal portions and shape each portion into an oval shape by rolling between the palms and fingers.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the muthiyas on medium flame till they turn golden brown all over.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate. Serve with green chutney and ketchup or add them to oondhiyu.