No Churn Cranberry Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
No Churn Cranberry Ice Cream ~ this easy homemade no churn ice cream is a refreshing option for holiday pies and takes à la mode to a whole new level!
- 1 ounce 12 (340g) bag fresh cranberries (you can use frozen)
- 0.5 cup sugar
- juice of lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Put the cranberries, sugar, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and combine well. Heat to a full boil, stirring often, and then let bubble away for about 8-10 minutes until the cranberries have burst and the mixture is thick. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then puree in a high speed blender or food processor. Put the puree in a small bowl and refrigerate (I put mine in the freezer to speed up the process) until chilled.
- Put the cream in your clean blender or food processor and process until whipped, this will take just about 45 seconds, depending on your machine. Add the cranberry mixture and the sweetened condensed milk and process to combine. Scrape down the sides of the machine if necessary, and don't process too long, just enough to get everything mixed well.
- Pour the ice cream mix into a loaf pan or other container. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.