No Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
No Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream --- a super quick and easy homemade ice cream that requires no heavy machinery, and tastes just like your favorite pie!
- 1 cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 15-ounce ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
- 14-ounce ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 0.5 tsp each: cinnamon, ginger, allspice
- 0.25 tsp each cloves, freshly grated nutmeg
- You can do this in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or by hand with electric beaters. I used my food processor because it's lightning fast. Whatever method you choose, whip the cream until it has stiff peaks. Be careful and don't whip it too much or it will turn to butter.
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients, just until everything is blended. You can finish with a spoon, just to make sure all the spices and pumpkin have been blended in. Don't over do this, you want to retain as much of that air you've whipped into the cream as possible.
- Spread the mixture into a metal loaf pan or whatever container you like. Cover and put in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight until firm and scoopable.