No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
No Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream --- this recipe is a gamer changer for anybody who craves homemade ice cream but lacks the special equipment.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 or 2 vanilla beans
- Pour the cream into the bowl of a food processor. (You can also do this in a stand mixer, or with electric beaters)
- Make a slit down the centers of both vanilla beans and scrape out all the seeds with the back of the knife into the cream. Try to get as many of the seeds into the cream as possible. Reserve the pods for future use.
- Turn on the processor and whip the cream until it is stiff. This will only take a couple of minutes, so watch carefully. You will see ripples form in the cream as it firms up.
- Pour the condensed milk in and process briefly to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a container, I use a metal loaf pan. Cover and put into the freezer for at least 4 hours, or until firm enough to scoop.