Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream Sandwich
Oatmeal Raisin Ice cream sandwich is a great kid friendly dessert and is a perfect Summer treat. Cookies are 100% vegan and very easy to put together.
- ¼ cup almond milk (or other non-dairy Milk)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup Melted Coconut oil or Canola Oil
- ⅓ cup Vegan brown sugar or Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- as needed Vegan Ice Cream, flavor of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a measuring cup, combine almond milk and the vinegar. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the spices.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar, applesauce, maple syrup, flaxseed meal and vanilla extract. Add the milk mixture and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Use a small scoop or a tablespoon to place dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the cookies with damp fingers and gently shape them into rounds.
- Bake for 8~10 minutes or until set and the bottoms are beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 3~4 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, place 6~8 cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet, bottom side up. Set aside 6~8 more cookies.
- Thaw the ice cream for 10 minutes. Place a scoop of ice cream on the cookies that are on the parchment paper. Place the other cookie on top and press down lightly.
- Freeze the sandwiches at least 30 minutes before serving. If the sandwiches are completely frozen, then thaw them 5~10 minutes before serving.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout