Obi Non is traditional bread from Uzbekistan. It is a light and fluffy with a chewy crust and an open crumb when served hot. I can be served with any meal.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 cup Lukewarm Water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp Nigella seeds or Sesame seeds
- Combine the flours, yeast, salt and water in a mixing bowl. Mix and knead to form a smooth, soft dough. Transfer to a lightly greased bowl, cover and set aside for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 6~8 equal size pieces. Form each piece into a ball, cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a baking stone in the oven to preheat.
- Roll each ball into a 5~6" round dish. Press the fist into the center of the dough to form a indentation. Traditionally this is then pierced with a stamp but a fork would do the job as well. Brush the top of the bread with milk or oil and sprinkle with nigella or sesame seeds.
- Place the bread on the baking stone and bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned. Serve right away.