Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
This Olive Garden minestrone soup is loaded with vegetables, beans and pasta in a tomato broth. It's a copycat of the restaurant version that tastes even better than the original recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup onion (diced)
- ½ cup celery (sliced)
- ½ cup carrots (peeled, quartered and sliced)
- 1 zucchini (halved and sliced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- pepper (to taste)
- 14 ounce diced tomatoes (can)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 15 ounce white beans (can, small, drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounce can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup frozen cut green beans
- ½ cup shell pasta (small)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and zucchini to the pot.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste and Italian seasoning to the pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the white beans, kidney beans, green beans and pasta to the pot. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the soup and serve.
View the recipe instructions at www.dinneratthezoo.com