Overnight Crock Pot Oatmeal with Almond Butter and Honey
The View From the Great Island
Overnight Steel Cut Oatmeal with Almond Butter and Honey ~ wake up to this healthy, protein rich breakfast, no slaving over a hot stove in your pajamas necessary!
- 0.5 cup uncooked steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cup milk
- a pinch of salt
- optional: seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 2-4 tbsp almond butter
- honey to taste
- You can make this in one container, or in two individual containers. I used two glasses that had 1 2/3 cup capacity each.
- Put 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, and 1/4 cup milk in each container. Add a small pinch of salt to each and stir to combine.
- Set the containers in the slow cooker and add water to come about halfway up the glasses.
- Set the crock pot on low, and leave it until morning (about 10 hours.)
- Give each serving a stir, and then swirl in the almond butter and top with honey just before serving.