Paleo & Whole30 Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 yellow onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (grated or finely minced)
- 28 ounce whole peeled tomatoes (can, san marzano are my favorite !))
- 2 cups chicken stock (or veggie)
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- In a soup pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the onions, garlic, salt and pepper until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a blender (I love my Vitamix!), combine the canned tomatoes, basil leaves, sautéed onions and garlic, and stock. Blend over medium low speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour the soup from the blender back into the soup pot. Add the coconut milk. Warm over medium heat for 5 minutes. Taste for salt and pepper and add more if desired.
- Serve warm topped with fresh basil leaves.
View the recipe instructions at www.tasteslovely.com