Cake and Whisky
These breakfast yoghurt pots, topped with paleo granola are everything any on-the-go breakfast should be: healthy, filling, satisfying and oh-so-super-good!
- 500 g mixed nuts & seeds (I used a mix of skin-on almonds, cashews and sunflower seeds)
- 50 g unsweetened coconut chips
- 50 g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or other unrefined sweetener of your choice (I used half maple half cane syrup)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or coconut oil
- 1 seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- 1 zest of an organic lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (gas mark 5). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a mortar & pestle to roughly crush the nuts. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 min, stirring every 10 min until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet before transfering to an airtight container.