Pomegranate Feta Salad
This Pomegranate Feta Salad is the perfect blend of salty with the feta cheese and the sweet pomegranate seeds.
- ½ cup Pecans
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 10 ounce mixed baby greens
- 1 pomegranate (peeled and seeds separated)
- ¼ red onion (sliced thin)
- 8 ounce feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- pepper (to taste)
- To make the candied pecans, pour the sugar in a small skillet and pour the pecans on top. Cook over medium heat until sugar melts and turns a caramel color stirring constantly so that the nuts and sugar do not burn. Be patient! It takes a while for the sugar to start melting. Once the sugar turns a caramel color coat keep stirring to coat the pecans with it. Pour pecans onto greased wax paper or aluminum foil to cool. Once pecans are cooled, break them into pieces.
- Place the lettuce, pomegranate seeds, red onion, feta cheese, and pecan pieces into a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the Dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice (to taste), salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com