Poppy Seed & Parmesan Cheese Biscuits
Cake and Whisky
Snack dreams are made of cheese and those cheesy, beautifully crumbly cheese biscuits will make all your craving dreams come true!
- 85g g of grated cheese (I used 60g parmesan + 25g cheddar, but you can substitute for any hard cheese you
- 25g g unsalted butter (soft)
- 50g g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 0.5 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1-2 tsp milk (if necessary)
- Place all ingredients (without any milk) in a bowl. Using a fork or a standing mixer, mix well until they form a rough dough.
- If the mix is too dry to combine into a dough, add a little bit of milk.
- Shape the dough into a long cylinder, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1h.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 6).
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut the dough into thin slices (about 1/2 cm / 1/4in) and place them on the lined oven tray.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until the biscuits are golden. Take out of the oven, let the biscuits cool down on the tray for 5min, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat until you run out of dough.