Pork Milanese With Spaghetti
BBC Good Food
This saucy spaghetti with crispy pork on top is a sure-fire hit
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (can)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 420 g pork fillet (sliced into 8 medallions)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
- bunch basil (chopped)
- 300 g spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the garlic for a few secs. Add the chopped tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and bubble for about 15-20 mins until the sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, lay the pork medallions between two layers of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until they are about 1cm thick. Mix the flour with some seasoning in one bowl, put the egg in another and the breadcrumbs in a third. Dip the pork in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Heat a grill to hot, then cook the pork for 3 mins on each side, until golden and cooked through. Keep warm.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Stir through the tomato sauce and the chopped basil, divide the pasta between 4 plates, put the crispy pork on top and eat immediately.
View the recipe instructions at BBC Good Food