Pulled Pork Pizza
The Honey Blonde
- pulled Pork
- 1 lb thick cut pork chops
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock ((good quality))
- ⅔ cup warm water (heated to about 150 degrees)
- 1½ tsp dry active yeast (or use one packet)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup corn meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cole slaw
- In a slow cooker, place the pork chops on the bottom, top with spices, vinegar, and water. Cook on low for 8 hours. Once cooked, shred with two forks.
- Mix honey into water. Sprinkle yeast on top of the water. Let stand for 10 minutes or until the yeast has completely foamed up. In a bowl of a stand mixer with a bread hook attachment mix together flour, corn meal, and salt. . Add yeast mixture into flour and turn on stand mixer to begin kneading.
Slowly drizzle in oil 1 tbsp at a time. Let the dough knead for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl then continue mixing for another 2-3 minutes. In the end, the dough should form a ball that is slightly sticky to the touch. If it is too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time. If it too sticky, add more flour.
Transfer dough to a glass or ceramic bowl and rub 1 tsp of oil over the surface of the dough to prevent it from drying out while rising. Cover with dish towel or plastic wrap and let stand for at least 2 hours, but ideally 10 hours. (You can also place in a warm oven to speed up the process)
Once dough has risen, punch down dough and knead into ball, folding it into itself. Let sit and rise for another 20 minutes or longer (if possible). Press out the dough into the cast iron skillet. Bake at 450 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Spread barbeque sauce evenly over the surface of the crust. Top with pork and cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
Broil the pizza for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon cole slaw into the center of the pizza. Or slice, and top each slice with cole slaw before serving.