Quick And Easy Yeast-Free Naan Bread Recipe
Once you make this easy naan bread recipe, I’m sure you’ll never want to buy pre-made ones again. Just mix the four ingredients and knead them for a few minutes to bring it together, then roll it out and pan fry. It's a yeast free bread that's light, fluffy and tasty!
- 250 g plain flour (all purpose)
- 250 g plain yogurt (or dairy free yogurt )))
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. You’ll probably need to use your hands to bring it all together. Knead it for a minute or so in the bowl until it comes together in a fairly sticky ball. If necessary, add a little more flour to make it manageable.
- Divide it into six equal pieces. Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll each one out onto a floured surface to about 6” diameter.
- Heat a frying pan (without oil) until hot. Cook each flatbread for a few minutes on each side until lightly golden spots appear and it puffs up.
- Best eaten on the same day. If making ahead, warm them up in the oven before serving.
View the recipe instructions at veggiedesserts.co.uk