Quinoa Black bean Salad
Quinoa Black bean Salad is a colorful and healthy dish that is perfect to pack for picnic or lunches. This is a quick and easy to make dish.
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- 1 oz 15 Canned Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium Red Pepper (diced)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- to taste Salt Pepper
- Bring 2cups of water and the quinoa in a small saucepan to a boil; lower the heat, cover the pan and cook till quinoa is cooked through. Let the quinoa cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for dressing.
- Add the chopped veggies (except avocado), drained black beans and the cooked quinoa to the dressing. Mix gently and the set aside for 30 minutes for the flavors to mingle.
- Stir in chopped avocado right before serving to avoid discoloration.