Quinoa and Kale Salad with Red Grapes, Walnuts and Honey – Lemon Dressing
From a Chef's Kitchen
Quinoa and Kale Salad w/ Red Grapes, Walnuts and Lemon Honey Dressing is the perfect make-ahead salad. It tastes as good on day 3 as when you first made it.
- 1 bunch kale ( stems removed and thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (approximately)
- 1 bunch red grapes ( (about 1/2 pound) halved)
- ½ small red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup walnuts (coarsely chopped (toasted if desired) plus a few more to sprinkle over salad )
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- SALAD: Combine kale, olive oil and salt and black pepper to taste in a large bowl. Gently massage the kale to soften and wilt it slightly.
- Add quinoa, grapes, onion and walnuts and toss to combine.
- DRESSING: Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over salad and mix well.
- TO SERVE: Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with additional coarsely chopped walnuts.