Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables
From a Chef's Kitchen
Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables is a twist on traditional tabbouleh! Made gluten-free by using quinoa instead of bulgur, grilled zucchini, yellow squash and red bell peppers are the perfect addition!
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered with seeds and membranes removed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3.5 to 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch scallions
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 0.75 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped (approximately 3/4 cup), plus more for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large lemons, juiced plus lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Toss yellow squash, zucchini and red bell pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and black pepper. Grill the vegetables for 3-4 minutes per side or until nicely marked and just tender. Let cool.
- When vegetables have cooled, slice the yellow squash and zucchini lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch cubes. Cut the red bell pepper into approximately the same size squares.
- Combine grilled vegetables, quinoa, scallions, tomatoes, mint, parsley, garlic, lemon juice and remaining olive oil in a large bowl. Serve immediately garnished with chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices.