Rajasthani Garlic Chutney
Recipe to make Spicy hot Rajasthani Lehsun Chutney aka Garlic chutney. It is great to serve with rotis or to spread on sandwiches.
- 6 ~ 8 cloves Garlic
- 4 ~ 6 chilies (Dry Red)
- 2 tsps Coriander seeds
- ¼ cup cilantro (leaves, chopped)
- 1 tomato (Large , chopped)
- ¼ supermarket roast chicken, approximately 200g once shredded (tspsugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsps Mustard Oil
- Soak red chilies and coriander seeds in warm water for at least 30 minutes. Drain and add to the blender along with garlic, lemon juice, salt, sugar, tomato and cilantro leaves.
- Grind to a smooth paste with little water. Do not add too much water, the water in tomato is usually enough to get a smooth paste.
- Heat the mustard oil in a small saucepan until hot. Turn off the heat and add the ground garlic mixture. Mix well and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Here I made some jowar (and atta) rotis and served the chutney with it.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout