Rava Kesari (Godhuma rawa Kesari)
Rawa kesari made with godhuma (wheat) rawa. A simple recipe that needs 3~4 ingredients and 12~15 minutes of time to make. Perfect for the festival season.
- 0.5 cup Rava (Godhuma / Dalia)
- 1½ cups Water Milk (and/ or (adjust the quantity of water and milk as per your taste preference))
- 0.5 cup sugar ((adjust as per taste))
- 0.5 tsp cardamom (Ground)
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- Heat 2tsp ghee in a pan; fry the cashews and raisins until golden. Remove into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in the same pan; add the rawa and toast it until golden, about 3~4 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the water and/ or milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until rawa is completely cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and mix well. The halwa will get liquidy first and will thicken in few minutes. Stir in ground cardamom and the fried dry fruit.