Rava Kesari (Godhuma rawa Kesari)
Rawa kesari made with godhuma (wheat) rawa. A simple recipe that needs 3~4 ingredients and 12~15 minutes of time to make. Perfect for the festival season.
- ½ cup Rava (Godhuma / Dalia)
- 1 cups Water Milk (and/ or (adjust the quantity of water and milk as per your taste preference))
- ½ cup sugar ((adjust as per taste))
- ½ tsp cardamom (Ground)
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- Heat 2tsp ghee in a pan; fry the cashews and raisins until golden. Remove into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in the same pan; add the rawa and toast it until golden, about 3~4 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the water and/ or milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until rawa is completely cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and mix well. The halwa will get liquidy first and will thicken in few minutes. Stir in ground cardamom and the fried dry fruit.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout