Roast Chicken Dinner With Stuffing
This Slimming World roast dinner doesn’t skimp on your Sunday staples. Chicken, stuffing, potatoes, veg and gravy make a healthy roast dinner to remember
- potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- carrots (peeled and cut into batons)
- tenderstem broccoli florets
- frozen peas
- 4 level tsp gravy granules
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, then drain and return to the pan, shaking it to roughen up the edges. Put the potatoes in a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and toss to coat well. Roast for 40 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- While the potatoes are boiling, make the stuffing balls by putting the herbs, egg, lemon zest and pork in a bowl. Season to taste, mix with your fingers to combine and divide into eight equal portions. Shape each one into a ball, spread them out in a roasting tin and roast for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs over the chicken, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast with the stuffing balls for the last 25 minutes of cooking.
- Cook all the vegetables in boiling water for 6-8 minutes or until tender, or steam for even fresher tasting veg.
- Make up the gravy according to the packet instructions.
- Slice the chicken breasts thickly and put on to plates with the stuffing balls and vegetables. Pour over the gravy and serve hot.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingworld.co.uk