Roast Pumpkin Salad
Planning With Kids
Roast Pumpkin Salad - beautiful salad full of fresh flavours and not hard to make. Possibly one of the best dressings for a salad I have tasted too!
- 1½ - 2kg butternut pumpkin, cubed 1.5cm x 1.5cm approx
- olive oil spray
- sea salt flakes
- ? cup pine nuts
- ? cup shredded mint
- 30 grams fetta
- ? cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pumpkin onto trays lined with baking paper.
- Spray lightly with olive oil and crush salt flakes over the pumpkin.
- Cook pumpkin for at least 20 minutes, before turning. Cook for another 20 - 30 minutes, until the pumpkin is starting to brown.
- While the pumpkin is cooking either dry fry the pine nuts or brown them on a lined tray under the grill, until they are golden. Store in an airtight container if it is a while before you will use them.
- Remove pumpkin from oven when ready and allow to cool. (As this step can be completed ahead of time, you can place pumpkin in a container in the fridge.)
- I prefer to shred the mint and crumble the fetta at the last minute. As such I will often cook the pumpkin the night before and just add the fetta, pine nuts and mint an hour or so before we need to eat.
- The dressing should only be added immediately prior to serving.
- In a small jar add honey, vinegar and olive oil.
- Prior to using on the salad, with the lid on the jar shake vigorously to mix.
- Arrange pumpkin neatly on a large plate. Crumble fetta, toss the mint and pine nuts across the pumpkin. Drizzle dressing across the salad and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Planning With Kids