Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Browned Butter and Almonds
From a Chef's Kitchen
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Browned Butter and Almonds is a lovely low-stress side dish you're going to love!
- 1.5 pounds Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 0.25 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread Brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper to taste. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and softened.
- Meanwhile, place almonds in a dry, non-stick skillet. Place over medium-low heat and gently toast until just beginning to change color, about 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to burn the almonds. Set aside.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until it begins to change color--approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts and almonds to serving dish. Drizzle with browned butter, leaving milk solids behind in the pan.