Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad is a simple and easy to make dish that is great to serve as a quick weeknight meal or as a side dish for holiday parties.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 4 cups Baby Greens like baby spinach, kale or arugula
- 0.25 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 cup Raw Pecans
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the chopped butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1~2tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and bake for 20~30 minutes or until the the squash is just tender but not mushy.
- Toast the pecans on a dry pan until fragrant. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1tbsp olive oil and brown sugar. Stir in the toasted pecans and mix well to coat evenly with sugar mixture. Cook for 1~2 minutes. Remove onto a plate in a single layer making sure that they don't clump up.
- Once the butternut squash is roasted and ready, place them in a large bowl. Add the greens, candied pecans, dried cranberries, 1tbsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss and serve right away.