Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
A delicious and easy way to use up carrots! My toddler loves this.
- 6 carrots (large, chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- ½ sweet onion (large, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 1 piece ginger (an inch long, peeled)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Toss the chopped carrots with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, about 1/2 teaspoon each. Roast the carrots for 25-30 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the stock, ginger, and thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are done roasting.
- Add the roasted carrots to the broth and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Remove the ginger and thyme spriggs. Puree the soup with an immersion or standard blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at meaningfuleats.com