Roasted Cauliflower with Mustard Caper Brown Butter
From a Chef's Kitchen
Cauliflower is beautiful in so many ways, but when roasted and drizzled with this Mustard Caper Browned Butter, it skyrockets to elegant and dramatic!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into "steaks" or large florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (as needed)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- mustard CAPER BROWNED BUTTER
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- CAULIFLOWER: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place cauliflower florets or steaks on a non-stick baking sheet or one lined with non-stick aluminum foil. Drizzle or brush cauliflower with olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning once.
- BROWNED BUTTER: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until a caramel color, approximately 5 minutes, being careful not to burn it. Set aside to let browned bits fall to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in garlic, mustard, capers, chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over roasted cauliflower.