Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
A very simple and tasty roasted cauliflower steak recipe. This is flavored with Indian spices but can be customized to ones likes and dislikes.
- 1 cauliflower (Medium)
- 2 tsps cumin (Ground)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder (Red (adjust as per taste))
- 1 tbsp Methi (Kasoori , crumbled)
- 3 tbsps olive oil ((divided))
- to taste Salt Pepper (&)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the cauliflower head down on a chopping board and carefully cut into about ¾" thick steaks through the stem. Reserve any loose florets for later use. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Place the steak on the pan and cook for 2~3 minutes per side until lightly golden.
- In the meantime, combine the remaining 2tbsp oil with red chili powder, crumbled kasoori methi, ground cumin and turmeric.
- Transfer the par cooked cauliflower steaks on to a baking sheet and brush or spoon on the spicy oil. Roast for about 20~25 minutes or until tender. Serve right away over brown rice or quinoa.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout