Roasted Pecan Butter
The View From the Great Island
Roasted Pecan Butter is absolutely dreamy, and so easy to make, all you need are pecans and a little salt!
- 3 cups roasted pecans (see above)
- salt to taste
- Put the pecans in the bowl of a small food processor.
- Run the machine, scraping down the sides as necessary until the pecans have turned to a smooth creamy butter. This won't take long at all, just a couple of minutes at most. See the stages below. It will start out as a grainy mixture, and gradually get smoother and smoother. keep scraping down the sides of the machine to get everything evenly incorporated.
- Blend in a pinch of salt, and then taste to fine tune the amount.
- Put the butter in an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator.