Roasted Plums with Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
Roasted Plums with Ice Cream is a simple dessert with a secret --- roasting makes even rock-hard fruit absolutely luscious!
- 2 lbs plums (or other stone fruit, apricots work well)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- juice of lemon
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (or the seeds of a vanilla bean)
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Set oven to 425F
- Halve and pit the plums. If the pits don't come out easily, use a small spoon to gouge them out. If the fruit is large, cut it into quarters. Toss with the sugar, bourbon, lemon juice, and vanilla and put it in a baking pan just large enough to allow them to form a single layer.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, tossing once or twice, until they become bubbly, soft, and juicy.
- Remove and let cool slightly before layering into small bowls or glasses with the ice cream.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island