- flour (2 parts, regular, to 1 part butter, i usually use 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of butter for an 8 inch pie dish and 2 or 3 tablespoons of water)
- 125 g white onions (or shallots, finely chopped)
- 15 g butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup salmon (shredded, i used some leftovers)
- ¾ cup cream (thickened)
- 60 g cheese
- ¼ cup spinach (finely chopped)
- Mix together till a dough forms. Add water if needed only - approx 1 1/2 tbsp. Salt is optional. Don\'t handle too much but once the butter it combined, place in your pie pan and press the bottom and around the edges. Put in fridge for about an hour.
- 125 g (4oz) white onions or shallots, finely chopped
- 15 g (1/2 oz) butter
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded salmon (I used some leftovers)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 60 g (2 oz) cheese
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook onions slowly in butter for 5 -6 minutes. Allow to cool. Beat eggs, salt and pepper, add cream and then the spinach.
- Add the cheese to the bottom of the pie pan, then add the salmon. Arrange it so it\'s spread evenly. Then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 425 F for 10 mins and then 375 F for 20 mins. Allow to cool at least a little to firm. Can be served hot or cold.
View the recipe instructions at www.frugalmomeh.com